Tuesday 2 December 2008

Highlights of the week

Gigs - Breathing Space at the Roman Bath (Nov 22), and Mostly Autumn at the Grand Opera House (Nov 28). One free and one expensive (for York), both exceeded my expectations. Followed by collective musings and piss taking with my friends (Ian, Roger, Andy & H) on the pavement afterwards. Good times.

DVD - Atonement, a good adaptation of the book. I found Keira's lean body shape distracting me occasionally from the story, but overall I was engaged and would recommend a look.

Music - The Final Cut from Pink Floyd. I haven't listened to this for many, many months and I played it 3 or 4 times this week, yet its familiarity never wears me out. Also Winter Song by Emily Smith which I heard on Mike Harding's Radio 2 Folk and Acoustic show - I even sat in the car on my drive till it finished, beautiful.

Snowmen - my sons made some Sunday before last, as about an inch of snow had fallen overnight. I look back fondly at doing this in my childhood, I hope theirs is memorable too.

No comments: